Happy New Year!! 2015, wow. I’ve never been huge on new years resolutions, whenever I’m asked I usually give the traditional “work out and lose weight” without any real intention to follow through. There is something about 2015 though. I’ve never felt this way going into a new year, but I’m excited and I want to make changes. I get little butterflies thinking about this year.
^^I got this giving key from my brother this Christmas. It has the word “FEARLESS” stamped on it. While it’s not the word I would have chosen for myself, I’m extremely touched that he did choose it for me. The word carries so much behind it, especially moving into this year.
I looked up the word fearless
on urban dictionary, and it’s a pretty moving definition.
“Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death…”
I’m pretty sure it’s got something to do with T-Swift’s Fearless album.
After a lot of thought, this is what I’ve come up with:
- Love myself – this is something I’ve always struggled with. I want to work towards self-confidence that isn’t shattered at my first negative thought. A self-confidence that allows me to freely love others without worrying that I’m not good enough or that they are better than me in some way. I want to be happy and I want to be free to do the things that make me happy. And an overall increased self-acceptance. I think this one is also going to bring about new relationships and improve old ones as well.
- Better myself – this one ties into numero uno. Maybe it looks like eating healthy or taking the stairs. But maybe it’s keeping my room clean and staying organized. But it also looks like reading more books and watching the news. I wanted this one to be as vague as possible, I don’t want to get mad at myself for not losing 10 pounds right away. It’s not going to happen right away, but it will be a gradual thing that will eventually become my everyday life.
- Work on my relationship with my brother – my brother and I have the most on and off relationship. When we’re friends we’re best friends, but when we’re fighting, we really hate each other. My mum once told me that I had no idea what I was missing out on by not having a relationship with my brother. I think about that a lot. I want to make a conscious effort to better my relationship with him. Maybe that looks like ignoring him and giving him space or maybe it looks like spending time playing a game late at night. I would really like to work towards a lifelong friendship with my brother
- Post more – I want you to be a part of my life journey and I want to be as authentic with you as possible. That was the reason I started this blog. I want to keep you involved in my life and you should know that I will always try to be as real as possible.
- Journal and pursue God – I’ve been reading a lot about people pursuing an increased discipline with the Lord, but I feel like I’m still an infant in my faith journey. I want to be more aware of how I am pursuing the Lord throughout this year and be more purposeful about it. Journaling is something I struggle with. I don’t understand how to start an entry, I feel awkward actually writing things down and I feel like the whole thing just takes too long. But I really love the idea of having my year written down, my inner most thoughts, my highs and lows and the little situations that I had maybe forgotten. It’s also a great way for me to
I can’t wait to follow through with these resolutions.
What are some of your resolutions?